Frizzy curls are the absolute worst! You just spent the time curling and fixing your hair to look nice and then you notice the dreaded frizzes coming! However, I have learned some trade secrets on how to curl you hair and keep your curls smooth! It all comes down to a few products and knowing how much heat you need. Also, leave a comment if you’d like a tutorial on how I curled my hair and the products I use!
1. If your washing you hair before you curl it, put some mousse in it while it is damp. Brush it through your hair with a wide tooth comb.
2. When possible let your hair air dry! It’s always better to use as little heat as possible! Your hair will obviously be much smoother if you don’t blow dry it and then also use a hot tool on it. Also, I prefer to use day old hair, because something about a day worth of wear helps my curls last longer.
3. Once your hair is dry ALWAYS be sure to put heat protectant on before curling. It makes SUCH a huge difference!
4. DO NOT SKIP THIS PART: Do not have your curling iron too hot. This is the #1 secret to keeping the frizzes away! Listen to the Southern girly when she says: Don’t have your heat too high!
5. A little Argan Oil goes a long way! I like to put a little in my hands and rub it together to warm it up and then apply it to my ends. Don’t put it at the top of your hair or it will make your hair look greasy!
5. Finally hairspray is your friend! After curling your hair, and styling it. Spray some hair spray directly on your hands and smooth it over your hair. Do a second spray onto your fingers and loosely pull your fingers through your hair to break up the curls and make sure that the hairspray is evenly applied everywhere.