A few of my favorite mascaras seem to dry out quickly. Even though I know why it happens ( I’ll explain) it still makes me sad when it happens. But at least I now know how to save it! Thank you to my sister for sharing this with me! I thought it was brilliant so I wanted to share it with y’all!
The reason mascara dries out is because air gets inside the tube. I have a few mascara’s that this happens to very quickly because the wand tip is so large that when I put it into the tube it pushes a large amount of air into it.
However the #1 rule to keeping your mascara like new is to not pump it! That pushes air into and dries your mascara out VERY quickly!
And finally before I get to the tutorial, if your mascara is too old it’s not worth saving! Mascara’s P.O.A. date is 6 months. So if it’s older than that it’s not worth risking getting bacteria in your eyes just to make your mascara last longer, get a new tube! It gives you the opportunity to try new kinds, which is always fun!
Things You Need:
- Dry / Clumpy Mascara
- Mug (Or microwave proof cup)
- Contact Solution (Or Olive Oil if you do not have contact solution)
- Put 2-3 drops of Contact Solution in the mascara tube.
- Close lid tightly and shake it up.
- Test mascara. (Or go straight to next step)
- If your mascara still needs more help fill your mug with water and and put in microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Places tightly closed mascara into mug and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Viola just like new mascara!